NEPWU’s gender sensitive and protection program provides support to all affected people men, women, boys and girls. NEPWU is an active voice among the voiceless, creating awareness against GBV and advocating for child rights including their rights to education and protection. Here it brings to the reduction of all forms of human violence and injustices that includes;
- Forceful wife (s) inheritance.
- Physical Violence.
- Gender imbalances.
- Child rights abuses
- Social/ economic violence.
- Early and Force Marriage.
- Rape and any other forms of GBV.
- FGM (female genital mutilation)
Areas of focus
- Raising community awareness on child care and support and child rights
- Creating opportunities for school drop-outs in vocational training.
- Re-uniting children with the parents or orphanages for materials and psychosocial support
- Support vulnerable children’s education (e.g street children and orphans)
- Rehabilitation and Social integration of IDPs/returnees
- Rehabilitation Center for counseling